Saturday, May 2, 2009

Oh the joys of pregnancy.....

So I am back from my trip to the east coast, had to go out there for work. While I was gone I discovered a new unpleasant side effect of pregnancy....leg cramps. Yes, at 3am I woke up in excruciating pain in my calf and I did the exact wrong thing...I pointed my toe as a reflex. Well I had to get out of the bed and walk around to make it stop so there goes my sleep. Now that I'm up, might as well pee, right? I start taking in more potassium which oddly enough, added to the iron supplements, bring my digestive system to a screeching halt. This sucks. So, I'm doing everything I can to keep my iron, potassium, and fiber intake up just to see if there will be a balance in the yin and yang of my pregnant body. Today I am enjoying a nice glass of prune and apple juice...want some? Thankfully, it doesn't taste too bad.

No comments: