Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Baby Shower

I have to say this was one of the most fun days I've had in a while with just "the girls". We did have our token men there, my boss Chief Torres and his son Julian, and I have to say they were awesome sports about being in a house full of women! Brian was out of town for work so we women had a party! Mom cooked the most amazing food, I swear I was so stuffed by the end of the day! I honestly couldn't have done all this without her help, a true lifesaver! My girls Emily and Abby helped with the decorating, cake, games, prizes, and managing the flow of the shower, it was just awesome! I feel truly blessed by all the friends that made it and the fun we had together at the shower. One of the games we played was "guess how fat Jen is?" where you have to take a roll of string and cut off how much you think it will take to go around my belly. Abby won by being the closest, but my mom and friend Cathy went hog wild and just wrapped that string around me a good 7 or 8 times. It was so much fun!





No comments: