Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ford Island 10k

Today started at 4:40am when the alarm clock buzzed and I rolled my preggo butt out of bed. Brian's back was still acting up so he skipped the race. I got up, brushed my teeth, washed my face and put on my race t-shirt. I met up with my friends Kristen (36 weeks pregnant) and Robert with their little boy Jacob at 5:30am down at Pearl Harbor. We grabbed a quick breakfast and headed to the start of the Ford Island 10k. This was my first 10k and I did it 23 weeks pregnant! The race started at 7:00am, and we started walking! There were lots of people there and eventually they all passed us. The only thing we were concerned with was getting to the finish line. We hit up every potty stop along the way and kept a good attitude. We were both really tired and sore by the end but really glad we made it all the way. After we finished we made a stop at Koa Pancakes for a much deserved after race meal......it was sooooo good! Next year I hope to have Wyatt in a jogging stroller and run most of the 10k.

No comments: