Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Feeling creative

Tonight my friend Abby and I went to our first cake decorating class at Ben Franklin Crafts. We're taking the Wilton series on cake decorating and so far the class has proved to be hilarious! I made a total mess of my workstation and our instructor was great about the whole thing. My goal is I want to be able to make an awesome cake for my baby shower. We shall see how it goes! Hopefully by the end of all 3 courses I'll be able to make a really cool cake! I never seem to have problems with my cakes tasting great, they just lack in the looks department. Tonight we learned how to make stars, shells and attempted flowers. It took me a while to get shells, but I think I have it finally. I'll spend this week practicing and hopefully by next Tuesday I'll be good to go! Fingers crossed I can get this!

No comments: