Sunday, September 16, 2007

Typhoon




Just another day in Okinawa, hahahahaha yes, another day in typhoon season. Yesterday I returned from a typhoon evacuation and tomorrow I think I'm leaving on ANOTHER typhoon evac. Okinawa is located in the middle of typhoon land and every summer this island is slammed over and over again by typhoons. The interesting thing is the Okinawans are unphased by these storms. They were smart, everything here is made out of concrete. The Americans living on the southeastern coast of the USA are dumb, building houses on stilts and wondering "why did my house wash away???" Ah yes, as Carlos Mencia would say: Dee dee dee!!!! So this picture is of the storm on its way to hit us. Hopefully the storm will turn further towards Taiwan (that bigger island to the left of Okinawa) and then I won't have to go out of town again.

1 comment:

micki said...

yeah, like your new blog ;)